Why Stock Photos?
The short answer is that we use stock photos on some listings to save us time and to save you money. The longer answer is that we love to take photos of each and every lens, camera, and accessory, but doing so takes a lot of time and makes it difficult to get everything listed. So, we decided to compromise: take gorgeous photos of some things and charge a little more for them, and use stock photos for other items and charge a little less for those, all else equal.
The items listed here were tested thoroughly by our trained technicians. If they observed any significant flaws, you’ll see them detailed above. If the items listed here are exceptionally awesome, you’ll see that noted above too. Regardless, please remember this is a used item and it’s bound to have at least a microscopic imperfection.
If you're interested in purchasing an item with specific photos and ratings, we don’t blame you one bit. Please visit one of our Exposed! listings (if available), usually marked with a green badge. If none are currently available, by all means, contact us.
Hover To Zoom Full Size
Hoya 82mm Variable Neutral Density Filter
Want new stock alerts for this product?
Log in to sign up for emails when more come in.
The Hoya 82mm Variable Neutral Density Filter
The Hoya 82mm Variable Neutral Density Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter providing an exposure reduction of about 1.5 to 9 stops. The 0.45 to 2.7 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than would normally be required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, helping you to predetermine the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
This filter is constructed from optical glass to maintain image clarity and is set within a slim profile aluminum ring, which helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting when used on wide-angle lenses, and does not feature front threads.
* Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density from scene to scene
* 0.45 to 2.7 density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required
* Providing a reduction of 1.5 to 9 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily
* Offers increased flexibility to use specific ISO settings or ISO films under bright ambient light
* Provides increased exposure flexibility while using cinema or video cameras within a designated film frame rate* Slim profile filter ring helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting with wide-angle lenses
Are we out of stock?If you don't see exactly what you're looking for and that makes you sad, please give us a shout. We might have good news for you. Here's a link to our contact form.
We offer a 3-day inspection period on all sales, during which time you may return the item for a refund of the purchase price, not including shipping.
Finally, if you select the two-year lens warranty, you'll get additional protection from Consumer Priority Service ("CPS"). The two-year warranty will take effect after our 90-day warranty ends. Click the link below for all the details: