Why Stock Photos?
The short answer is that we use stock photos on some listings to save us time and to save you money. The longer answer is that we love to take photos of each and every lens, camera, and accessory, but doing so takes a lot of time and makes it difficult to get everything listed. So, we decided to compromise: take gorgeous photos of some things and charge a little more for them, and use stock photos for other items and charge a little less for those, all else equal.
The items listed here were tested thoroughly by our trained technicians. If they observed any significant flaws, you’ll see them detailed above. If the items listed here are exceptionally awesome, you’ll see that noted above too. Regardless, please remember this is a used item and it’s bound to have at least a microscopic imperfection.
If you're interested in purchasing an item with specific photos and ratings, we don’t blame you one bit. Please visit one of our Exposed! listings (if available), usually marked with a green badge. If none are currently available, by all means, contact us.
Hover To Zoom Full Size
Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f/1.2 Aspherical Lens for Sony E
Want new stock alerts for this product?
Log in to sign up for emails when more come in.
The Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f/1.2 Aspherical Lens for Sony E
Distinguished by its speed, the Nokton 40mm f/1.2 Aspherical from Voigtlander is a short normal prime designed for full-frame Sony E mirrorless cameras. Its comfortable focal length pairs with an impressively fast f/1.2 maximum aperture to enable notable control over depth of field for producing shallow depth of field imagery, and this aperture also benefits working in difficult lighting. Complementing the fast design is an optical layout that uses two aspherical elements to suppress spherical aberrations and distortion for notable sharpness, clarity, and accurate rendering. The lens's manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 1.1' away, and a Selective Aperture Control System allows you to de-click the manual aperture ring for smooth, silent exposure adjustment to suit filmmaking applications.
* Slightly wider-than-normal prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 60mm equivalent focal length.
* Bright, fast f/1.2 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus techniques, and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
* Two aspherical elements are featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations and improve clarity, sharpness, and resolution.
* Manual focus design permits smooth, refined control along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.1'.
* Ten-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth quality of bokeh.
* Selective Aperture Control System produces a stepless, de-clicked aperture ring, which provides silent and smooth exposure adjustment that is well-suited for video application. The aperture ring can also be configured to utilize traditional 1/3-stop clicks for more intuitive tactile control over exposure settings.* Contacts transfer all Exif data between the camera and lens in order to permit full use of camera functions, including focus magnification, image stabilization, and lens corrections.
Are we out of stock?If you don't see exactly what you're looking for and that makes you sad, please give us a shout. We might have good news for you. Here's a link to our contact form.
We offer a 3-day inspection period on all sales, during which time you may return the item for a refund of the purchase price, not including shipping.
On this item, we include a LensAuthority 90-day limited warranty. This warranty covers damage that arises from normal use of the item. It does NOT cover accidental or intentional damage. More details are available in our FAQ section.
In addition to the standard 90-day warranty, you may have the option to purchase an extended warranty. If we're able to offer an extended warranty on this item, you'll see a checkbox to add that warranty - see the area just above the "Add to Cart" button.
If you select the extended warranty, you'll get additional protection from Consumer Priority Service ("CPS"). The CPS warranty will take effect after our 90-day warranty ends. However, the CPS warranty term would begin on the date of purchase. For example, if you buy an item with a 2-year extended warranty today, your coverage would end two years from today. Click the link below for all the details: